A worm tower goes directly in the garden and provides a habitat for your red wiggler composting worms. Feed them with your kitchen scraps and coffee grounds and they’ll convert these “waste” products into organic fertilizer for your garden.
In this video you’ll learn how to make a simple DIY composting worm tower using 4 inch PVC pipe, window screen and a 4 inch PVC coupling. Check it out in the video below…
– (1) 2 foot length (or so) of 4 inch PVC pipe
– (1) 4 inch PVC Repair coupling (note: a regular coupling will be cheaper, but tighter. You’ll want to sand it out a little)
– (1) 5 x 5 in square of window screen
– Hand Saw
– Drill with spade or forstener bit
– Scissors or box knife (to cut screen)
– Sand paper
– Clamp (it helps with the cutting)
If you would like to learn more about setting up your own worm composting operation for your garden, check out the worm farming secrets website for a ton of useful advice. You might also want to check out this awesome worm composting operation too…
If you like this idea, be sure to share it with your friends and inspire someone you know. Anything becomes possible with just a little inspiration…
Join over 220,000 people that get our organic gardening & self sufficiency lifestyle tips via email. Simply enter your name and best email address below and click the "Get Instant Access" Button now...