This guy built his own in ground pool for less than $3000. In the short video below you’ll be able to see step by step instructions along with material costs. Here are a list of frequently asked questions related to the project as well…
1. Where did you find a backhoe for only $45/hr? Answer: In Costa Rica $45/hr rental is the normal price. No delivery charge either.
2. Did you hire Mexicans to do the labor? Answer: No, I hired Costa Ricans employed from the local pool company to install the Marcite. All other labor was myself and my neighbor (he is Costa Rican) not Mexican!
3. Did you need permits to build the pool? Answer; No, the rule is a small pool that is under a particular size does not require permits in Costa Rica. Mine is just small enough.
4. Is the pool heated? If so, where is the heater? Answer: No the water is plenty warm from the hose. In fact, I need to drain the pool once a month as the water get way too warm.
5. Have you had any leaks? Answer; Only one, right after I completed the pool I had a tiny pinhole size leak in one of the steps. I used a leak finder kit solution to find it, and plugged it with silicone putty.
6. What is the size of the pool? Answer; 12×20 feet. Deep end is 5ft
7. What about earthquakes? Answer; Yes we had a big one just over a year ago. No damage to the pool. Check out the video here…
If you like this idea, be sure to share it with your friends and inspire someone you know. Anything becomes possible with just a little inspiration…
So basically $35,000 here in the US. Which is about what it cost for me to have my 30’x 40′ peddle tech pool with self cleaners here in AZ.Reply